Monday, March 2, 2009

Wow, has it really been a month?

Has it really been a month since my last post? Oops! I can't believe how time flies! Let's see....what has happened in the last month......


At the end of January, I went up to Colorado for a few days for training. Since my aunt lives in CO, I went up on Saturday to spend a couple of days with them. I got in around noon and she picked me up at the Denver airport. I was surprised as we flew out of the clouds that the ground was brown! It's January in Colorado!! Isn't it supposed to be white? We went back to her house and then to lunch. Afterward, we decided to play tennis since it was a "nice" day out (about 40 degrees!) After about 2 hours of that and it started to get dark, we called it quits and she took me to a Whole Foods and then to my hotel to check in. Then we went to dinner and a movie at their friend's house. The next day, I decided to take a walk in the snow that had fallen overnight! How cool was that? Mother Nature decided to give in to my request to see some snow while I was there! According to weather.com it was about 30 degrees, so I bundled up and started off. Found a nice golf course to walk through. Took some pics with my cell phone camera since my regular camera is too big to carry around in a blizzard (well, not a real blizzard, but to a Phoenician like me, it seemed like it!) Here are a few:






What a beautiful winter wonderland, huh? So, after my walk, I had lunch at Qdoba and then my aunt picked me up and showed me around Boulder a little. I got to see the Mork and Mindy house, the Jon-Benet Ramsey house, and various other Boulder attractions. It was still snowing heavily, so we couldn't go up on the mountain but it was really pretty! We capped the day off with dinner at Cheesecake Factory (at which I did NOT have any cheesecake!!)

The next day started training and that was cool. I was staying at a hotel 1.7 miles from the training center, so I decided to walk it. Nevermind the 12 degree weather!! I was a literal snow-woman when I got there...if a snow-woman had a bad run in the makeup department!! My mascara was running all the way down my face and my face was bright red from the cold!! LOL! Good thing I found the bathroom before I went into class!! During the lunch break, I met someone who is an IT person and is into fitness and nutrition as well! Do you know how few and far between we are??!! We chatted a bit over lunch and I tried to convert him to the TT way of life....I don't think he took the bait, though! I walked back to the hotel afterward and took this picture along the way...


The next day was my last day of class. It was -7!! I went ahead and walked in it anyway, but didn't wear any mascara to alleviate the horror movie look. The sun was out, though, and I was able to see the mountains! The nice fitness pro guy offered me a ride back to the hotel after the class since it was so cold (Thanks, Mark!) Who am I to look a gift-horse in the mouth? I gladly accepted and even though he wasn't ready to leave when I had to go (because I had to catch my flight) his boss took me back and I didn't have to walk the final lap. Flight took off and I got home to nice warm Phoenix weather....Ahhhhhhhhh! It was a nice change being in the snow, though, and it kind of invigorated me!

Hmmm.....what else to report......The Cardinals lost (as you knew from my previous post). That sucked. We'll get 'em next year!

Went for a few more hikes. I don't have the pictures off my camera yet, but when finding the pictures above on my Blackberry, I ran across the cutest puppy in the world picture! See!

Jesse fast asleep


And then here she is hanging out with her brother.....awwww....so cute!

Jesse and Curry hanging out together

So then I had to go find a couple more to get Nutmeg and Gandalf in here. Gandalf is really not photogenic, though, so it's tough to get a good one of him. This one is pretty good, though!


Gandalf, not happy about someone taking his picture!

My baby Nutmeg....raised by me since she was 6.5 weeks old!




Anyway....Then we had the All Star game here in Phoenix. Whooo hoooo! Lots of activity and big parking messes. Here's a few pics:

The building all done up

Across the street at the Block Party. Cool B of A building in the background!



Me hanging out with the entire Suns team at the NBA Jam Session

Well, this post has rambled on awhile! I think I'm pretty much caught up now. I'll be back to post some pictures of my hikes, though!