Monday, March 23, 2009

Hiking Siphon Draw in the Superstition Mountains

So, last weekend I hiked Siphon Draw. It was a beautiful hike and a gorgeous weekend. The wildflowers were a little bit past their prime, but it was still really pretty.


The Superstitions




The trail up to the mountain


Beautiful greenery



Yes, that is a guy sitting on top of that rock!! How did he get up there???




The path



The waterfall....errr...drip
There were a bunch of wasps hanging out at the water hole. I couldn't get any closer than this to look at it because of them!!

Alvan Adams (NBA Rookie of the Year 1977) and friend hiking down


Beautiful Scenery
I don't know how much longer this weather is going to last, so I really want to take advantage of it as much as possible! I really have to figure out how I'm going to do some hiking when it gets to be over 100 degrees around here. I think I'm going to have to start getting up at 5:00 am or something!!